If you are looking for a completely wireless security camera then Netgear Arlo Pro 2 will be the best pick for you. According to a report, the crime rate has been reduced since people started using security cameras and there are many other benefits also of using a security camera. There are plenty of camera manufacturers available in the market that offers different types of cameras.
One most common thing about all the security camera is that they far expensive and they require experts to install them and you have to pay the monthly fees of $30 but Netgear’s Arlo Pro camera is completely different from other cameras you don’t need an expert to install this camera you can easily install this by yourself in few steps.
Arlo App Set-Up
You can download the Arlo app for your smartphone and this app is available for both Android and iPhones.
- First, you have to search for the app in the play/app store.
- After that open the app and click on “New to Arlo”.
- you will see and box containing an email and password.
- Then you have to enter your email and password.
- After that, the app will ask you to install Arlo hub station then you have to connect the base station with the router.
- once you have done this click on “continue”.
- The app will automatically search the hub for your network.
- Then click on “choose timezone”.
- Then select your timezone and then save it.
- Click “Continue” to proceed.
- In the next step, you have to give your base station a name.
- Hurray, You’re done.
Guide to install and setup Arlo Pro 2 security camera
Setting up, Arlo pro camera is easy If you follow all the given steps carefully”
- Firstly you have to open the battery box of the camera.
- After opening the battery box you have to insert the battery in it.
- If you have Arlo base station with you then press on the sync button over 2 seconds.
- The sync button is located at the top.
- After you have pressed the sync button the camera will start blinking green.
- After that again you have to press the sync button for 2 seconds.
- After pressing you will see that BLUE Led will start blinking.
- If the LED does not blink you have to repeat the process again till it turns blue.
- After that, you will see that the LED turns to green ( If it turns green it means that your sync process is complete).
- Hurray, Now you can go ahead and customize settings according to your needs.
Now after reading this you have understood how to install and setup Arlo pro camera.
The positioning of cameras:
It is a very important thing to keep the distance in your mind while placing the camera.
- You can place your camera at a minimum distance of 10 feet from your base station.
- You can place your camera at a maximum distance of 10 meters from the base station.
- Make sure to place your camera at least 2 meters from the floor.
Netgear Arlo Pro 2 security camera Features
- Night vision: This feature will help you to see clearly even in dark.
- High-quality video recording of 1080P
- Cloud storage feature.
- Weather resistance: You can place this camera anywhere as it is weather-resistant.
- Wireless setup: You can easily set up the camera by yourself you don’t need an expert to come to your home.
- Rechargeable Battery.
- Mobile alerts: You will get al the notifications on your phone.
- Cloud storage facility.
How many Arlo cameras can associate with one base station?
You can stream up to 15 cameras at a time, but it also depends on your system and plan . You can be able to stream 5 cameras per base station if you have limited bandwidth or while you are uploading any sorts of files while Arlo is streaming.
If you want to buy this camera you can buy it from Arlo.com it’s a lovely product. Share it with your close ones, and if you have any sort of queries about arlo pro camera setup , let me know in the comment box.