Arlo Go camera is a device that works with a mobile network. Unlike other cameras from Arlo, this one does not depend on a Wi-Fi network to send or receive data. Having said that, the Arlo security camera installation is very similar to other cameras that come from Arlo. Here is a list of some unique features that come with the Arlo Go camera.
Specialties of Arlo Go camera
- Wireless security camera: Arlo Go is a truly wireless camera; what it means is that Arlo Go doesn’t require a single wire to work.
- A device that comes with IP65 certification: The devices with IP65 certification are robust and long-lasting.
- Arlo Go supports recording in high quality: Arlo Go camera records footage in 1280 x 720 resolution.
- Arlo Go comes with Rechargeable batteries: Arlo Go camera is rechargeable. It has very good battery life.
- Two-way audio makes it unique: Arlo Go camera comes with a built-in microphone and speaker. Users can hear the audio coming from the camera and send voice messages via the same camera. Full-duplex communication of audio is possible.
- Night Vision and motion-sensing for maximum security: Arlo Go is one of the best cameras that come with night vision and motion-sensing features.
- Cloud storage and local backup: While Arlo Go is a truly wireless camera, it does not mean that it entirely depends on the server or the cloud computer to store or retrieve the recordings. Arlo Go camera comes with an SD card slot. It can store footage locally over an SD card.
- Google Assistant and Alexa integration: The best feature of Arlo Go camera is that it comes with built-in Google Assistant and Alexa integration out-of-the-box. You can control the camera by voice commands.
Arlo Go camera setup process
The setup process of the Arlo Go camera is divided into three simple steps. Alternatively, you can check out: How Do I Set Up My Netgear Arlo IP Cameras?
Put all the peripherals together
Kick off the setup process by collecting all the peripherals that you are going to use in the setup process. List of stuff that you should have with you before starting the process:
- Arlo Go camera
- LTE sim card
- Smartphone with an active internet connection
Grab the Arlo Go camera and insert the OEM batteries into the battery compartment of the camera. Next, put the SIM card in the SIM card compartment. You can also install an SD card in the Arlo Go camera if you want it to record and save video locally when an internet connection is not available.
If you are going to use an SD card with your Arlo Go camera, you have to format it with a file system that the camera is compatible with. It’s the FAT32 file system. Arlo Go camera supports memory cards up to 32 GB in size. For best performance, always use a class for a higher SD card. Once you are done installing all the stuff in Arlo Go camera, you can put back the back cover of the device.
Configuration via Arlo mobile application
Connecting the Arlo Go camera to the mobile application is a mandatory step. If you are a new user of the Arlo mobile application, you have to create a new account on the Arlo website. You will have to sign up with your email ID and phone number. Verify the OTP for activating your account and proceed to link your Arlo Go camera to your account. If you want to set up multiple
Arlo Go cameras with your account, you have to complete the process one by one. You can connect only one Arlo Go camera at a time. Once you click on the setup process, you will have to pick the model number or device name of the Arlo camera that you are trying to set up. In the next screen of the setup wizard, you will be shown a QR code which you have to scan from the Arlo Go camera.
To get your Arlo Go camera ready for paiRing, press the sync button on the Arlo Go camera and proceed to scan the QR code. Wait for a few minutes for the Arlo application to discover your camera. Once done, the setup process will be almost complete. If your mobile application manages to discover the camera successfully, you will be asked to set a name for your device. If you have more than one Arlo Go security camera at home or office, give them a unique name.
Testing and Troubleshooting the Arlo Go camera
In the last step, you have to enter the name of your LTE sim carrier. If you’re using a SIM card that comes from Arlo brand, then you have to pick Arlo as the service provider. If you have followed every step very closely, you will be able to see the live video feed from the Arlo Go camera.